Sunday, August 16, 2009

Half-Cat or Mutual of Omaha's Wild Lane

CAUTION: This post is mildly gruesome, particularly those feline-loving readers.

This post deals with a half-cat, not to be confused with either a half-track or a snowcat.

On my way to town last week, I noticed something that resembled a dead animal alongside the lane. After backing up for a closer look, I was disgusted to see a half-cat lying in the grass. The following picture will describe the approximate amount of cat that was lying there.



We suspect a coyote to be the culprit.

Here's a time line of events, as observed on my way to work each morning:

Day One: Observe half-cat in grotesque state.
Day Two: Observe half-cat in less-than-recognizable state. Turkey vulture very reluctantly flies off as I drive up.
Day Three: Observe disheveled half-cat skeleton surrounded by clumps of half-cat fur.

1 comment: