Friday, July 3, 2009

Postal Terrorism - One Year Later

To those who complain about federal terrorism dollars being spent in Smalltown, USA, I tell you that terrorists can strike anytime, anywhere.

At approximately 11:45pm on July 2, 2008, unidentified terrorists (likely sleeper agents) executed a coordinated attack on our defenseless, unsuspecting mailbox. Although the ATF never showed up to investigate, I'm guessing that the explosive was highly illegal in Illinois (but maybe not in Indiana). The attack was boldly commenced while lights were still on in our house (I think I was working when the grass-rocking explosion occurred).

The explosion blew the top, , which was never recovered from the scene, off of the mailbox. The bottom of the mailbox was permanently deformed, and the top of the mailbox post was nearly severed.

If the Department of Homeland Security had provided me with the terrorism dollars I had requested, this disaster could have been prevented with high-intensity security lights and high-definition security cameras.



2 comments:

  1. Presumably they opened your mailbox. That's a federal offense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Menards sells a ruggedized mailbox with thick gage steel. May be worth the $$, but Im not sure how it would hold up to a 1/4 stick

    ReplyDelete