Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ode to E.R.

Goodbye old friend...

As some of you may know, the last episode of ER was on Thursday night after 15 (?) years. Kimberly and I stopped watching it a few years ago (I think around the time that Carrie was leaving) because it was too depressing. But we felt inclined to watch the last episode of a show that we had followed since it's beginning (around the time we started dating).

Sadly, all the show did was remind us why we stopped watching it -- too many depressing and rehashed story lines. Lost (Kimberly's favorite Lost blog here) is much more fun.

My final tribute to the show when they played the theme song at the end was one last "Peter Benton punching the floor move". This was a scene from the show's opening when he was still a regular character.

Maybe now we won't have to work so hard to find a different network to watch on Thursdays after the funny shows are on.

1 comment:

  1. ER debuted when I was a freshman in college. One of my first memories of the U of I is squeezing into someone's dorm room each week to watch ER with 10 other girls on our floor. I stopped watching 2 or 3 years later, but liked how a lot of the original doctors reappeared during this final season.
    Kevin and I tried watching Grey's Anatomy...we liked the first couple of seasons, but quickly got tired of the rotating couples sleeping together. Haven't they run out of combinations yet? Do you think it's like that at Carle?!
    I can't really watch the crime shows...they freak me out, they get too real for me.
    Hard to find a drama that will top Lost!

    ReplyDelete